Last weekend was the attorney retreat held at the Ritz Carlton Lake Las Vegas. On Saturday morning, 16 of us played golf at "The Falls" which is one of the two courses at the resort. I am sure it was the most expensive course I have ever played. I basically played like crap the first 6 holes, but I was able to find a groove and played a little better the rest of the holes. I think I shot par on about 5 of the 18 holes, which is pretty good for me. Especially considering this is a pretty challenging course. I also won the contest for "closest to the pin" and won a $100 gift card to Golf Galaxy. I placed 3rd in the "longest drive" contest at about 300 yards, but the winner smoked us all with a 370 yard drive. The course was beautiful, and set on the east side of the valley. The back 9 rose about 500 feet in elevation, so there were some cool views of the strip and downtown. We also saw 4 bighorn rams about 100 feet from us. I think that was the first time I have ever seen them in person, and that was cool. After golf, I picked Lindsay up and we checked into the hotel. It is a 5 star, 5 diamond resort, and was beautiful. Later that evening we had a cocktail hour followed by dinner and dessert. The next morning we had a brunch and then we checked out and went home. I had a fun experience when I was checking out. Lindsay and I were walking toward the registration desk, and someone called out my first name. I looked up and it was a guy from Sri Lanka who was our branch mission leader. He had been baptized shortly before I transferred there, and he served a mission in SLC right after I returned home. After his mission he went to BYU-Hawaii and studied hotel something or other. He married a Utah girl, has a 19 month old son, and has been living in LV for about 7 months working for the Ritz. Anyway, we exchanged numbers and it will be fun to hang out.
No comments:
Post a Comment