Monday, April 24, 2006

Sad day

Saturday was a sad day. I picked up my 6 pairs of "fat pants" from the tailor. The sad thing is that these pants weren't always "fat pants." Once upon a time they were "skinny pants" and "just a little overweight pants." Regardless of their original status, after having the waist taken out 3 inces they are now officially "fat pants." Saturday was a sad day because I officially accepted the fact that I am fat. I used to be able to joke about being fat, but there was always a small part of me that didn't believe it. Every time I went to my closet and saw my "skinny pants" and "just a little overweight pants" I could force myself not to believe I was fat. That all ended on Saturday. From now on when I go to my closet, all I will see are my "fat pants." Yes, Saturday was a sad day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha thats pretty funny! poor chad. oh man that just means that i will have to feel the same way in 10 years! bummer

Butterfield Family said...

Just wait. In 10 years you'll be fat, bald, and out of shape and I'll be laughing my fat belly off.

Anonymous said...

at least you don't have any stinky pants in your closet, those belong to jaybo

Travis Butterfield said...

I'm fat, but I am getting skinny - because I'm a tennis star now. Lots of cardio when you play tennis - especially if you're crap at it - because you spend most of your time shagging balls. Ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. All of the really mature smart people I know are hefty!

Butterfield Family said...

Including you??? Oh wait, you said mature.