
I just read about the Phillipines mudslide that basically wiped out a whole village. What a tragedy. It reminded me of when I first heard that Sri Lanka was one of the countries that was hit the hardest by the Tsunami. Although the Tsunami hit hardest on the opposite side of the country from where I lived, I lived only a couple hundred feed from the ocean and would have likely seen some of the destruction. They said on my side of the island the waves were 10 feet high and on the opposite side they were 15 to 20 feet high. Disasters like these are especially sad not only because the people are poor, but because their governments are poor and can't afford to provide much aid.
1 comment:
You're right. It is so very sad. Especially because you can relate to these people. Makes me feel a bit guilty to just be dealing with cold weather...and a leaky ceiling!
Post a Comment