Friday, February 03, 2006


After a mild rebuke from Mav I decided it was time for a post. The funny thing is that I haven't been that busy at all. Quite the opposite. Because I took two classes over the summer, I am able to take a lighter schedule this semester than I normally would have. I just haven't really had much to write about lately, so I'll try to fill the space with something that is not too boring. Maybe I'll talk about my preparations to move. I reserved a rental truck and am planning on driving to LV on May 8th. Dad put in for vacation time, so it looks like he and I will be the road warriors again. It's kind of funny because it doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we were making the drive from SLC to NJ. Maybe it is just that the 18 hour days are still so fresh in my mind that I can't believe I will have to do it again. It was actually a pretty cool experience in a lot of ways, and it would be fun to take about 2 weeks and stop at all the cool places along the way. I am looking at apartments right now, and have about 5 or 6 that look like they will be ok. Lindsay and I are also planning a mini vacation to D.C. during my spring break. Neither of us has seen any of the sights in D.C. and we don't want to miss the opportunity while we are so close, so we are going to spend a couple days there. Kind of funny, they have been talking about "Punxsutawney Phil" a lot lately and apparently the ceremony depicted in Groundhog Day is a pretty accurate representation of the actual event. They wear black top hats and have the little rat whisper in the mayor's ear whether or not he saw his shadow. To the left are actual pictures of the madness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of casting shadows, the last time I cast a shadow there was a solar eclipse.