Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Crash

Well, it was bound to happen sometime. Last night while Lindsay was at the grocery store Jay fell down the stairs. Actually, we both fell down the stairs. To provide some background, we have a baby gate in front of the stairs, and rather than unlatch it every time I come or go, I just step over it. Well about 2 weeks ago I didn't step quite high enough and I knocked it over and stepped on the wood frame. The frame broke, and I glued it back together, but a few days ago it got knocked off again and the glue didn't hold. We thought it was ok because Jay doesn't really push on the gate, and it still worked well enough that we were able to set it up. So back to the story, Jay was running around playing and he went over to where the baby gate was. I was on the couch watching tv when I heard a mixture of screams and crashes. I jumped up and saw the gate was skeewampus so I started running down the stairs. Luckily Jay had stopped his fall about half way down the stairs, but I was running down so fast that when I realized he had stopped, I lost my footing and slid down the rest of the way. I'm happy to report that we were both fine, just a little scared. I picked up Jay and he was screaming, but when I took him outside he cheered up pretty quick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooo glad you're both alright! I'll never forget when you fell down the stairs..I was right behind you trying to catch up. The difference between you and Jay, is that you were laughing when you reached the bottom of the stairs...but I was crying! You'll never forget such an experience..even what you thought as you tumbled down after Jay. Not fun.

Anonymous said...

Don't fall me over the edge!!!!!