Thursday, August 30, 2007

Update ... or something

I guess I have gotten out of the habit of posting. I don't think I realized it has been so long. I guess the easiest thing to do is to post a few highlights to catch everyone up.

July:

-Took the Bar Exam.

- Moved to the Northwest side of town.

- Had about $2,200 charged to my AmEx. $680 to the Monte Carlo Hotel and $1,500 to Bed Bath and Beyond. AmEx shipped me a new card overnight and reversed the charges without question. That alone was worth the $125 annual fee (or whatever they charge me).

August:

-Trip to Utah for Troy's farewell.

- On the drive back to Las Vegas, had tire tread separation on I-15 about 15 miles outside of Vegas. Had to change the tire on the side of the freeway at 10:30 p.m.

- Started working on August 13th. I am working in the area of medical malpractice defense, so I represent hospitals and doctors when they are sued by patients. It is pretty interesting work. Plus, I have a pretty nice office (about 12x14 or so) and Lindsay bought me a mini-fridge as an early birthday present.

- Witnessed an attempted shooting at my apartment complex. I had literally driven 15 feet past this little punk 14 year old kid when he turned and fired three shots across the street in the direction of some other apartments. I called 911 and got to give the cops my statement and make an ID of the kid when they caught him.

- Had fine-needle biopsy performed on my thyroid nodule. Not fun. They numbed the surface but not the thyroid, so I could feel it each time (5 total) the needle was inserted into my thyroid.

- Got results of biopsy. The results came back benign. That is a good sign, but my Ear Nose and Throat Dr. wants to keep an eye on it and have another ultrasound performed in 6 months to make sure it hasn't grown/changed, etc.

- Had "the montezumas" 19 times in 4 1/2 hours from 3:30 to 8:00 a.m. last Sunday morning. Thought I was going to die. Beat that you little trout sniffer.

I think that pretty much catches me up for the past two months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?? I never heard about the shooting. Thats scary.
You should post more often....life is not boring for you!!

Travis Butterfield said...

Ha ha ha ha. I like mom's comment. The first thing I thought was, "yeah, you actually have stuff to post about , as opposed to me - who just posts random videos all the time." Ha ha ha. I'm glad that the kid wasn't shooting at you! That's nuts! I haven't had "the montezumas" like that for years. But, I've had similar experiences. It's not fun at all. That's interesting about the thyroid biopsy. I'm sure it was really a strange sensation to have them pricking into an internal organ. Kind of strange. But, yeah. You really should post more.

How is Lindsay? I'll bet she's about ready to pop! It's pretty exciting that you guys are going to have another little monkey so soon.

Tell Lindsay and Jay I say "hi."

Lumpy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

that is a crazy couple of months!