Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Viva Las Vegas

I'm not sure if anyone even reads this blog anymore after I took a break from posting, but I'll give an update just in case. (I could hear the faint chant of Post Post Post coming from somewhere. I'm not sure where, but it might have been from Phoenix). The move to Vegas has been a good one. Dad and I drove 46 hours in about 3 days to get here, and almost got swallowed up by a tornado in Kansas. Ok, it was just raining really hard, but I was worried about tornadoes. I started work 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I really like the firm I'm with. They take me out to eat about once/week, and in 10 days I get to go with the firm on the attorney retreat at the Ritz Carlton Lake Las Vegas. I get to bring a guest, so I decided to invite Lindsay. We didn't go anywhere for our anniversary so we figured this would be fun. The heat hasn't been too bad, most of the time in the high 90's, but a few days in the mid 80's were nice. It is supposed to break 100 tomorrow. Our apartment is pretty nice, except for a mild roach problem. I have bought about $30 worth of roach poison, traps, etc., so we're getting it under control. We love having visitors, and in about a week we'll have a couch for people to sit and sleep on. Well, I better get back to work. I'll try to post more often.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats on the move, Las Vegas is a nice place. I still haven't made up my mind if I want to take the Bar down there, but two or three people from my law school transfered to UNLV this past year...must be a good place.

Anonymous said...

oh, this is Adam by the way

Travis Butterfield said...

I'm glad to see that you finally posted about the big move. One of these weekends I'll have to come up and visit.

Anonymous said...

Yeah....Chad is back!!I was afraid you had given up on blogging. So....."you decided to invite Lindsay" huh. Good decision!! Have fun.

Anonymous said...

i was about to make threatning comments about kidnapping your food supply so you would starve but then i remembered that you have enought gut power to stay alive for weeks so that wouldn't work so i just used esp to make travis get under your skin and make you post a thingee. bye

Butterfield Family said...

I'm not trying to brag, but I have enough gut power to stay alive for months, not weeks.