
OK smart guys, this is one of my favorite riddles. When I was a supervisor at MyFamdamily.com I held a smart guy contest for my team and I gave them this riddle. The most memorable (albeit incorrect) response was "Why are 3 men getting a motel room anyway?" I will post the answer tomorrow.
Three men went to a motel. The motel manager said a room cost $30, so each man put up $10 and went to their room. A little while later the manager realized the room was only $25, so he sent the bellhop back to the three guys' room with $5. On the way to the room the bellhop couldn't figure out how to split the $5 between the 3 men, so he gave each one of them $1 and he kept the other $2.
This meant that the 3 men paid $9 each for the room for a total of $27. Add the $2 that the bellhop kept = $29. Where did the other dollar go???
Three men went to a motel. The motel manager said a room cost $30, so each man put up $10 and went to their room. A little while later the manager realized the room was only $25, so he sent the bellhop back to the three guys' room with $5. On the way to the room the bellhop couldn't figure out how to split the $5 between the 3 men, so he gave each one of them $1 and he kept the other $2.
This meant that the 3 men paid $9 each for the room for a total of $27. Add the $2 that the bellhop kept = $29. Where did the other dollar go???
3 comments:
oooh oooh, pick me, pick me. I know the answer. I don't know if I should put it on here, though, so I don't ruin the surprise. Maybe I'll email it to you.
hey hey! i think i got it too!
i think it's one of them smartie folk thingees where there is no other dollhair. but you done said you would done put it on the email thingee so do it so i can find out fer me self. sorry for the southern/hackney style
Post a Comment