
I had a funny memory the other day. I was at the church talking to the first counselor in our bishopric and we were talking about pranks we had pulled on people, and one of the all-time funniest pranks came to mind. I was working at the "garage" about 5 years ago, when my cousin Ryan and I purchased some fake lottery tickets from a joke shop in the mall. We hatched a plan to give them to our cousin Brian (a big gambler)and watch his reaction. Anyway, Ryan told Brian that a friend had gone to Nevada and brought back some lottery tickets, and he offered one to Brian. It was later in the evening, probably around 8 pm or so, and Brian was in the sales office along with a few others, shooting the breeze. The lottery ticket had three spots to scratch off, and if all three matched, you "won" the amount revealed -- in this case $10,000. He scratched off the first spot to reveal $10,0000. For anyone who has ever scratched a lottery ticket, this is not too unusual so he didn't really react. His second scratch revealed the second $10,000 and this is where the prank really started to materialize. He was showing it off to everyone around, saying things like "I shouldn't even scratch the third, because I know I won't win. I should just frame it right now with the two $10,000's. But I'll tell you what, if I do win I'm driving to Wendover tonight to claim the prize." For those in on the prank there were a few stifled snickers reminicient of Lloyd Christmas on Dumb and Dumber ("why don't you eat up and we'll tell you all about it.") When he scratched the third $10,000, he was jumping in the air screaming "I JUST WON TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! I JUST WON TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!" On about his fifth jump, he saw everyone laughing hysterically at him, and I think I remember some pretty colorful language. I have been privileged to be a part of (sometimes victim of) some pretty funny pranks but that ranks pretty high on the list.
2 comments:
whats up chaddy rainbow? personally i like the zapping pen the best. by the way finally wrote an email back to pemith paaris yesterday, and i sent a picture of your little fam on jays blessing day. its kinda been a while but better late than never eh?
I was a big fan of the zapping pen. Unfortunately too many people dropped it after their shock and it eventually broke. I'ts about time you wrote pemith back you slacker.
Post a Comment