Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Back to school

Yesterday was my first day back to school after Christmas break. Although I would have liked another week of vacation, in many ways it was good to get back into my routine. I am definitely eating less (or I should say snacking less) and that is always a good thing. So far I think my favorite class of the semester will be Pretrial Advocacy. It will definitely be the most useful as I prepare for my job this summer. I dropped Federal Courts and added Employment Law today. Federal Courts seemed like it would be interesting, and the Professor is amazing. He clerked for two Supreme Court justices and is brilliant. I just couldn't justify the amount of work the class would require considering it won't really help me when I take the bar, or when I am practicing law. It is really designed for people who want to clerk for a federal judge, or for people who do public interest litigation. The Employment class seems like it will be pretty cool. The firm I will be working for does a lot of Employment litigation, so it may come in handy this summer, plus it is a lot less work than the Federal Courts class. I have a pretty good friend in the class. Her name is Jenn and she is married with two kids. She had her second kid 2 weeks before school started last year. I have had about 3 or 4 classes with her and she is in my circle of friends here at school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey chud. i just read in your profile that the life of pi is one of your favorite books. i just started reading it about a week ago. i will have to tell you what i think of it.

Travis Butterfield said...

I likes that book too. But, it isn't one of my favorites. Hey, I saw you brang that other Rushdie book with you when you came to Utah. Are you liking it? Just wondering.

Butterfield Family said...

I am liking the other Rushdie book, but now that I am back in school I only have time to read if I am in bed but not sleeping, so I might be reading this one for a while. I really liked The Life of Pi, I don't know if I would go so far as to call it one of my favorites, but it is one of the better books I have read recently.